Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Goo-Goo Ga-Ga

Easter Sunday my wife and I were in bed when her water broke. My first thought was "I am going to have an Easter baby". By 9:30am we were at the hospital filling out paperwork. No contractions as of yet. The following 30 hours are a bit of a blur. I do know that neither of us had any sleep, and that after waiting for over 28 hours for her to fully dilate and 2 hours of pushing, she had a C-section. My wife is a superhero. I have complete respect for her. She endured an amount of pain that I know I can never imagine. Our baby was born April 25th 2011 at 1:01pm and weighed a whopping 9lbs 9 3/4 oz.. Needless to say I have been a bit busy and have not had the opportunity to update my blog. I have had the chance to sneak away and get some riding in but my mind has always been on my wife and baby. I am in love.......

The above picture is of baby Lucy cracking a smile and I think it also sums up my last couple of weeks well.  

2 comments: